Advertisement 1jo8tNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs1axWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E5a22( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) w981Would you ever consider trying this?😱5kzhu7Can your students do this? 🌚h6rRoller skating! Powered by Firework The 14th edition of Hockey World Cup is back in India and is all set to take place in Bhubaneshwar, Odhisa. The hockey world cup will start from today and will last till 16th December and will take place at the Kalinga Stadium. A total of 16 countries are participating in this event.Advertisement On Day 10, The Indian side put on a dominating performance to beat the Canadian side 5-1 and secured the quarter final berth.Advertisement Lalit Upadhayay scored twice for Indians in the 47th and 57th minute, while Harmanpreet Singh converted a penalty corner for India in the 12th minute, whereas Rohidas scored in the 51st minute.In the quarter-Finals, India will play the winner of the crossover match between Belgium and third place pool D team yet to be confirmed.Advertisement Twitter couldn’t stop talking about the dominating show the Indian side put.From being levelled at 1-1 till Quarter 3 to 5-1 at the end of quarter 4 , this has to be one of the most emphatic comebacks from the Indian hockey team. What a performance & what a victory ✌️#INDvCAN pic.twitter.com/NyadYCnTkZ— Roshan Rai (@RoshanKrRai) December 8, 2018At 1-1 Canada was celebrating as if they have won the World Cup. And within 2 minutes India f**ked Belgium. #INDvCAN— Abhishek Sharma 🇮🇳 (@SirAbhisharma) December 8, 2018Also Read-Hockey World Cup 2018: Team India trashes South Africa 5-0 Advertisement
AROUND THE GROUNDS VICTORIAN PREMIER CRICKET ROUND 7 As proven by the successful recent history of reigning Victorian Premier Cricket…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription. By Nick Creely
Coach Rassie Erasmus said it was “disappointing” not to have the “brilliant” Kolbe available for selection, revealing that he had aggravated the ankle injury during the Japan quarter-final.However, he said that Nkosi had been close to forcing himself into the side and would “slot right in”.“I am as excited to see what he can do as I would be if ‘Chessie’ were playing,” said the coach in a statement.Nkosi has made two appearances in the tournament, against Namibia and Canada, when he scored a try from the left wing.For the Wales match, he will replace Kolbe on the right, with flyer Makazole Mapimpi, who is the tournament’s joint top try-scorer with five so far, on the other wing.Erasmus again put six forwards on the bench, suggesting the Springboks will continue their strategy of dragging opposition teams into an arm-wrestle up front.South Africa produced a performance of overwhelming forward dominance against Japan, outplaying the hosts in the set-piece and driving them back powerfully in defence for their 26-3 win.– ‘Challenge just got tougher’ –The Springboks enjoy an unbeaten record against Wales in World Cup matches but they have always been cliffhangers.They beat the Welsh 17-16 in a pool match in 2011 and then edged a quarter-final in 2015, running out 23-19 winners.In the 2015 match, it was Fourie du Preez who broke Welsh hearts with a 75th-minute try after Wales had led going into the final 10 minutes.Fly-half Handre Pollard kicked five penalties and a drop-goal for the Boks, while Dan Biggar, also the current number 10 for Wales, scored 14 points and produced a try assist for Gareth Davies.The Springboks have won 28 of the 35 games the two sides have played since their inaugural match in 1906, Wales winning just six, with one draw.But Wales have had the better of recent encounters, winning five of the last six.Wales coach Warren Gatland was scheduled to name his team on Friday.“We’ve been fortunate to have been able to be pretty consistent in selection and we’ve built some nice momentum,” said Erasmus.“But the challenge just got a lot tougher on Sunday,” he added, praising a “really good sequence of results” from Wales, current Six Nations champions.South Africa (15-1):Willie Le Roux; S’Busiso Nkosi, Lukhanyo Am, Damian de Allende, Makazole Mapimpi; Handre Pollard, Faf de Klerk; Duane Vermeulen, Pieter-Steph Du Toit, Siya Kolisi (capt); Lood de Jager, Eben Etzebeth; Frans Malherbe, Mbongeni Mbonambi, Tendai MtawariraReplacements: Malcolm Marx, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, RG Snyman, Franco Mostert, Francois Louw, Herschel Jantjies, Frans Steyn0Shares0000(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Injury-hit Kolbe was far from his electric best during the quarter-final match against Japan © AFP / Anne-Christine POUJOULATTOKYO, Japan, Oct 24 – South Africa’s star winger Cheslin Kolbe has been ruled out of Sunday’s Rugby World Cup semi-final against Wales with an ankle injury, forcing the Springboks to replace him with S’Busiso Nkosi.Kolbe hobbled off after twisting an ankle in South Africa’s 49-3 pool win against Italy and was far from his electric best against Japan in the quarter-finals, where he looked in discomfort again.
“Come on by and shop,” said member Mary O’Malley. “It’s a good thing we do.” For more information, call Helen Mendler, (661) 270-9642 or Sofia Fentress, (661) 943-3268. Menus for the week at the senior life nutrition sites in Lancaster and Palmdale have been announced. All meals include bread, margarine and coffee, tea or milk, for the suggested donation of $2. Monday: Columbus Day holiday. Tuesday: Ham slice, sweet potato, broccoli, coleslaw, applesauce. Wednesday: Orange chicken, macaroni salad, corn, lettuce and tomato salad, peaches. Thursday: Roast beef, mashed potatoes, parslied carrots, coleslaw, cookies. Friday: Chicken casserole, wild rice, Normandy vegetables, Caesar salad, orange. Bettie Rencoret (661) 943-2998160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREThe joys and headaches of holiday travel: John PhillipsVendors will feature a variety of seasonal holiday fun things, baked goods and the ever-popular pepper bellies. The sale is one of several charity benefits conducted annually by the club, whose members pride themselves on patriotism, compassion for the unfortunate, respect and concern for the elderly and dedication to education. “We are a group connected by our single-minded efforts to make life a little easier for those who need our help,” said Ginny Beaver, now in her second term as president. “We’re actually a sisterhood of women who work well together to accomplish our goals as part of the Sierra-Cahuenga District, California Federation of Woman’s Clubs.” Jordana Beaver, her daughter and Miss Quartz Hill for 2006, is the club’s membership chairman. She invites other young women to join her in helping to bring about as many positive societal changes as possible by joining their youthful energies to the years of experience of the older club members. “By pooling our resources, we can only make major beneficial differences,” she said. “We hope everyone will turn out for the boutique and stop to talk to one of us about membership.” QUARTZ HILL Nippy fall weather has a way of ushering in the season for gift giving. Stores are beginning to put out Christmas and Hanukkah decorations alongside Halloween witches and goblins, and the Quartz Hill Woman’s Club is not an organization to be outdone. Every fall, the club hosts a boutique to benefit charity that offers many one-of-a-kind, handcrafted items and home-baked goodies. This sale will be 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Lane Park, 5520 W. Ave. L-8. This year’s beneficiary will be Joe Walker Middle School.
Successful completion of the programme will equip learners with a certificate in automotive repair and maintenance, but the workplace exposure will give them a head-start in their future careers. MBSA and MerSeta will provide funding of R1.4-million per year, while St Anthony’s staff will provide the training competence for the theoretical part of the programme. On the job training The learners receive a stipend during this practical training phase, which also includes a month’s exposure to Mercedes-Benz’s specialised, product-specific maintenance training. The three-year pilot programme will see MBSA collaborating with the Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services Sector Education and Training Authority (MerSeta) and St Anthony’s to provide NQF level three qualifications for an initial intake of 24 learners. “We want to focus on a sound skills base and a pipeline of technically-skilled individuals,” Mangcu said. “The automotive industry is strongly driven by technological advancement, and we have a severe shortage of technical skills.” In a statement this week, MBSA corporate affairs manager Nobuzwe Mangcu said the company shared the concern and commitment of the South African government to educate and equip the country’s youth with skills. “This is an example of the private sector partnering with government towards meeting and addressing key challenges for South Africa,” said MerSeta CEO Raymond Patel. “It also contributes to job creation, the enhancement of skills, socio-economic development and enterprise development.” Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA) is initiating a technical learnership at the St Anthony’s Centre in Boksburg, east of Johannesburg, to help address the shortage of appropriately skilled technicians in the country’s automotive sector. Each learner will have the opportunity to be mentored by a dealership for four months. During this time they will complete their portfolio of evidence for their final assessments, putting theoretical studies into practise. MBSA has enlisted the assistance of their dealer network, which comprises 87 dealerships across the country, to expose the learners to the workplace, and provide on-the-job training. 27 January 2012 SAinfo reporterWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material
New Delhi, Aug 9 (PTI) The Centre has asked the Uttarakhand government to “enquire” into the issues surrounding Patanjali Ayurvedas controversial Putrajeevak Vati medicine, the Rajya Sabha was told today.Minister of State for Health Faggan Singh Kulaste said in a written reply to a question that “the Ministry of AYUSH has requested the government of Uttarakhand to enquire into the matter and send a report.”The reply comes after an inquiry committee set up by the Uttarakhand government to examine the controversial medicine produced by Ramdevs pharmacy submitted its report.The report is said to be “not in favour” of the yoga guru.Kulaste said the Uttarakhand government is yet to submit its report to the Centre.The state government had formed the three-member committee last year to probe Putrajeevak Vati, an ayurvedic medicine which allegedly promises a male child.Reports said the product courted controversy when Rajya Sabha MPs led by JD(U)s K C Tyagi demanded a ban on it and sought stringent action against the manufacturer. PTI TDS ABH ZMN ABH
Australia sport Share on Pinterest Share via Email Share on WhatsApp Support The Guardian Australia’s reserve pace bowlers and recalled batters shocked India by 34 runs at the SCG, where even Rohit Sharma’s 133-run knock couldn’t overhaul the hosts’ 288-5 in the ODI series opener.Desperate to shore up a World Cup defence that looked in awful shape after three wins from Australia’s past 21 completed ODIs, the selectors made six changes. Usman Khawaja scored 59 during his first ODI in almost two years while Peter Handscomb, playing his first ODI in 15 months, top-scored with 73. Share on Facebook The Spin: sign up and get our weekly cricket email. Earlier, Stoinis smacked an unbeaten 47 off 43 balls as Australia batted out their full 50 overs for just the third time in nine ODIs under Justin Langer. The absence of a collapse was a big tick, especially after Australia slipped to 41-2 when promoted opener Alex Carey joined Finch in the pavilion. Australia failed to find the rope between the start of the 37th over and end of the 43rd over, a stretch that featured 27 runs and the dismissal of Shaun Marsh on 54.But Australia took 80 runs off the final seven overs as Stoinis and Handscomb delivered what proved to be a winning score. Share on LinkedIn Topics Australia cricket team Read more Debutant Jason Behrendorff and Jhye Richardson, both called up in the absence of rested guns Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins, quickly reduced India to 3-4. Behrendorff trapped Shikhar Dhawan lbw for a golden duck then Richardson, who finished with figures of 4-26, removed Virat Kohli and Ambati Rayudu in the space of three balls to make the target look an imposing one.Sharma countered with his 22nd ODI century, sharing a 137-run stand with MS Dhoni as they threatened to drag the tourists to victory. It was an epic fightback from Dhoni, whose 332 ODIs boasted as much experience as Australia’s entire XI, and Sharma, arguably the best one-day batter in the world. Behrendorff, who was earlier presented his cap by Glenn McGrath, ended the partnership by trapping Dhoni lbw for 51 and the visitors eventually finished at 254-9. Ball-tracking replays confirmed the ball was pitching outside leg stump but Rayudu had already wasted India’s only review.Richardson blasted out Dinesh Karthik and Ravindra Jadeja but Sharma’s six sixes and continued presence at the crease gave India’s fans, well represented in the 37,556-strong crowd, some hope. The requirement of 75 runs from the final five overs ultimately proved insurmountable and Sharma went down swinging at Marcus Stoinis. match reports Since you’re here… Share on Messenger Cricket India cricket team … we have a small favour to ask. More people, like you, are reading and supporting the Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before. And unlike many news organisations, we made the choice to keep our reporting open for all, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay. Whether we are up close or further away, the Guardian brings our readers a global perspective on the most critical issues of our lifetimes – from the escalating climate catastrophe to widespread inequality to the influence of big tech on our lives. We believe complex stories need context in order for us to truly understand them. At a time when factual information is a necessity, we believe that each of us, around the world, deserves access to accurate reporting with integrity at its heart.Our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. Guardian journalism is free from commercial and political bias and not influenced by billionaire owners or shareholders. This means we can give a voice to those less heard, explore where others turn away, and rigorously challenge those in power.We hope you will consider supporting us today. We need your support to keep delivering quality journalism that’s open and independent. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Support The Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. Australia beat India by 34 runs in first ODI – as it happened Share on Twitter Reuse this content
Senator Arbib said Australia had dominated at World Cup level, winning every event since its inception in 1988. “I wish the Men’s, Women’s and Mixed teams, as well as our four senior teams, every success when they get to Scotland,” Senator Arbib said.“I’m confident the teams will live up to their reputations as favourites and do Australia proud.“Our Women’s Open team has arguably one of the best records of any sporting team, having never been beaten in a World Cup match, winning 54 consecutive games at tournaments over more than 20 years.”The teams leave Australia over the next three days and games begin on June 22 in Edinburgh.Senator Arbib said the Australian Government was a strong supporter of Touch Football Australia, providing nearly $600,000 in annual funding to support the development of the sport at both the elite and grassroots level.“The Government invests $120,000 of annual high performance funding in Touch Football Australia to assist all teams achieve sustained international success, and to continue to build on the tremendous performances exhibited by our teams at past World Cups,” Senator Arbib said.“Touch Football is an exciting sport which is in the top 10 participation sports in Australia.“The Government provides $475,000 in annual participation funding to the sport, including the additional $250,000 received as part of the Government’s record investment in participation funding.“This new investment will be targeted towards providing greater services to members and pathways for new members to join the sport so we keep young people active and find the next generation of Touch stars. “There will also be a focus on increasing the opportunities for women, people with disability and Indigenous Australians to play Touch Football.”
New Delhi: Four of the six Telugu Desam Party members of Rajya Sabha Thursday joined the BJP and sought a merger of the TDP Legislature Party with the saffron party.Y S Chowdary, C M Ramesh, Garikapati Mohan Rao and T G Venkatesh met Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu and handed him a letter of a resolution passed by the legislature party urging its merger. BJP’s working president J P Nadda and leader of the BJP in Rajya Sabha Thawarchand Gehlot also met Naidu and submitted a proposal from BJP president Amit Shah saying the party has no objection to the merger of the TDP Legislature party with the BJP. Also Read – IAF receives its first Rafale fighter jet from FranceThree of the four MPs later met Nadda and Gehlot at the party headquarters and joined the BJP. “I assure them that the BJP believes in politics of positivity and inclusiveness,” Nadda told a press conference in the presence of TDP MPs. Their decision to back the BJP will give a boost to the saffron party in the upper house as the ruling National Democratic Alliance does not have a majority there yet. There are serious corruption charges against the two of the MPs. In November last year, officials of the Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax swooped down on Chowdary’s two homes in Delhi and in Hyderabad and registered a case claiming a bank fraud in excess of Rs 300 crore. Also Read – Cosmology trio win Nobel Physics PrizeAnother TDP MP, C M Ramesh’s name cropped up in the CBI tug-of-war between former Director Alok Verma and then Special Director in the agency Rakesh Asthana. Ramesh had allegedly arranged a deal with the former CBI director to get an accused relief in a case being investigated by then special director Asthana by paying a hefty bribe. Taking stock of the situation, Telugu Desam Party President N Chandrababu Naidu who is vacationing in Europe said such crises were not new to the party.